IDA Pro is a disassembler. A disassembler like IDA Pro is capable of creating maps of their execution to show the binary instructions that are actually executed by the processor in a symbolic representation called assembly language.
I recently started a new video tutorial series on IDA Pro for beginner reverse engineers and vulnerability researchers in specific.
So far the i've covered follwing topics: The entire playlist can be found here.
- Reverse Engineering Tutorial with IDA Pro – An Introduction
- Reverse Engineering with IDA Pro – Fixing/Rebuilding Structure/Structs (Pseudocode)
- C++ Reverse Engineering with IDA Pro – Rebuilding virtual function table (vftable)
- Reverse Engineering with IDA Pro – Function Cross Reference & Proximity Browser
- Reverse Engineering IDA Pro – How to do Binary Diffing - Patch Analysis
- Reverse Engineering IDA Pro- Code Coverage Measurement with Dynamo Rio & Lighthouse
Just because I make a video guides, doesn't mean I know everything, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong at any point :-) I will be more than happy to learn from you :)